Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vodka Pasta Sauce



Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a big fan of Spaghetti sauce. Red sauce and I have a real love/hate relationship. This sauce however is an exception to the "I hate red sauce" rule. Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.
Anyone reading this blog probably already guessed I double this. What ya gonna do when you have this many hungry men to feed. Serve it with a good Caesar Salad and crusty bread. 


Vodka Pasta Sauce
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 Tbl. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 shallots, minced
1 Cup Vodka
1 Cup Chicken stock
1 Can (32oz) crushed tomatoes. I buy the fire roasted tomatoes. 
salt and pepper
16 oz. pasta. I like any tube pasta. You can use whatever you like.
1/2 Cup heavy cream
20 basil leaves, shredded or chiffonade.
Parmesan for serving. 

Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Add oil, butter, garlic, shallots. Gently saute for 3-5 minutes (careful not to burn garlic) Add vodka. Reduce by half 3-5 minutes. Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper. While sauce simmers gently, cook pasta. When ready to serve. Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a simmer. Turn off heat and pour over drained pasta, top with basil leaves. Serve with Parmesan and crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment