Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Simple Baking Powder Biscuits





Simple Biscuits: Now I triple this recipe for my family.
2 Cups all purpose flour sifted
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/3 Cup Criso
3/4 Cup milk
preheat oven 425 degrees. In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the crisco until mixture resembles course meal. Add milk, stir until blended. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Knead 8-10 times. Roll dough out (I just use my hands to flatten the dough out till it is about 1 inch thick.) till its 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured biscuit cutter. I use biscuits cutters now, but for years I just used a glass to cut the rounds out. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12-15 minutes. How many biscuits you get depends on how thick your dough is and how big the biscuit rounds are. Like anything practice makes perfect. Don't give up. Like anything you will get better with time if they aren't perfect the first few times.
This is a very simple go to biscuit recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment