Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Double Fudge Irish Cream Cookies



 These are divine. You can't really put your finger on what it is that makes them taste so good. The secret is Baileys Irish Cream. SShh, don't tell anyone.
This recipe is adapted  from How Sweet It Is. 

Double Fudge Irish Cream Cookies

1 Cup butter softened
1 1/2 Cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 2/3 Cup flour
1/2 Cup cocoa
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. instant espresso powder ( or plain instant coffee if that is what you have.)
8 Tbl. Baileys Irish Cream
1 to 1 1/2 Cups white chocolate chips ( I don't like a ton of chips so I use 1 cup. Put the amount that you like in.)

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla  with electric mixer until fluffy. Add in Baileys one tablespoon at a time. Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, espresso powder together and add to the creamed butter mixture. Mix till blended. Stir in white chocolate chips. Refrigerate 4 hours and roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Or do what I do don't wait the four hours. Using cookie scoop scoop and place on cookie sheet and bake 350 for 8-10 minutes. In my oven I have found 7 1/2 minutes is perfect. Since I have never done the refrigerate four hour thing I don't know if that is why they are better at the shorter time but I tend to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment