Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Bacon and Poppy Seed Dressing



This is so good. Its sweet and satisfying. 

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
1/2 Cup distilled white vinegar
2/3 Cup Olive oil
1/2 Cup sugar
2 Tbl. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. paprika
2 Tbl. minced red onion
Place in bowl or jar and using an immersion blender blend (I use the large wide mouth canning jar for this.) Place in refrigerator.

Salad
Large bunch washed spinach
2 Tbl. or so of toasted sesame seeds
2-3 Cups sliced strawberries
1/2 pound bacon fried and  broken into small pieces (or as much as you want.)
This salad is really made based on personal taste. I place a hand full of spinach for each person I'm serving in a large bowl. I add enough Poppy Seed Dressing to lightly coat. I place on salad plates and then top with strawberries, fried bacon, and toasted sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment