Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Favorite Sugar Cookies


My middle son T.J. loves sugar cookies. I however never liked the time consuming process of making them. This is a make and drop sugar cookie that also happens to be the best tasting sugar cookie I have had. At the holidays I use colored sugar on top. The rest of the year just white sugar. This make a bunch and my son is always very happy. I also always double this or any recipe I make for my ginormous family of 5 grown men and little ole me. 

Favorite Sugar Cookies: oven 350
1 Cup butter softened
1 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup sifted powder sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 Cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar (colored sugar at Christmas time)

Beat butter and vegetable oil at med. speed with electric mixer until blended. Gradually add in 1 Cup sugar and powdered sugar, beating well. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to butter mixture, beating at low speed till blended. 
Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls about two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
 Dip flat end of glass in 1/2 cup sugar and flatten each cookie mound slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool on wire rack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment