Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, October 14, 2011

Crescent Cristo Sandwich




Here is another recipe from my beloved Pillsbury Bake Off cookbook. My kids love this and it is very easy. I'm copying this directly from their instructions. You make it how you like it. I think we do something a little different every time. I will try and tell you where we change it up.

Crescent Cristo Sandwich
2 (8oz.) cans Pillsbury Crescent Dinner Rolls
2 Tbl. butter
2 Tbl. honey
6 oz. think sliced smoked turkey breast
6 oz. medium sliced muenster
6 oz. thinly sliced ham
1/3-1/2 cup red raspberry preserves

Heat oven to 375 F. Separate out dough into 4 long rectangles, press perforations together to seal.. Place rectangles on baking sheets. The rectangles should not touch. In small bowl melt butter and combine butter and honey. Mix well and brush over dough.
Bake 375 F, for 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Grease 15x10 pan (I use my largest cookie sheets.) Carefully place one crust on sheet, top evenly with turkey. Place second crust on turkey and top with cheese and ham. Place third crust over ham and spread evenly with preserves, top with fourth crust. Brush top with honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake 10-15 minutes until crust is deep golden brown and loaf is hot. Let stand 5 minutes. Slice into 8 servings (or as many as you want.) These are good and messy. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment