Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ranch Dressing Party Mix



Ok, I only make this once a year. Why you ask. Because I can't stay out of it. I will eat it till I'm sick. I love, love, love this party mix. I have to be honest. This isn't a picture of my party mix. Since I only make it once a year (Christmas holidays, or Halloween) I don't have a picture of it. You get the idea though. 
I'm going to list the recipe as it was given to me originally and then I will tell you where I have made changes and you can make it your own. Go ahead and be brave. You may hate me when its over. I'm not sure if there are clinics to get off the addiction to Ranch Dressing Party Mix. This may end up being a life long habit. 

Ranch Party Mix
3 to 4 boxes of the following: Wheat Chex, Rice Chex, Cheese Crackers (you know the little square ones), Pecans, Pretzle sticks. (I personally love the Wheat chex and the cheese crackers. So I add a lot of those. The pecans are to die for in this. I think I use  1 box Rice Chex, 2 boxes Wheat Chex, 2 boxes cheese crackers, 1 bag of pretzles, and as many pecans as I can afford to put in there. I double the seasoning mixture as well.) My kids love the cheese crackers and its not unusual to open a bag and find them all gone. They are stolen by the midnight raiders that live in my house. 

Seasoning Mix (I double this)
1 Cup of oil
3/4 Tbl. lemon pepper
1/4 Tbl. garlic powder
1/2 Tbl. dill (I double this. So I would add at least 1 Tbl. dill)
1 large packet of ranch dressing mix

Ok, here comes the part that  is going to gross everyone out. If you come up with a better way let me know. I take a large kitchen  garbage bag. I wash the inside out and let it dry (I do this the day before.) Then I pour all the cereals, crackers etc.... into the bag. I mix all the seasoning mix together and pour it over the cereal/cracker stuff. I twist the bag and shake and twirl and toss it around to coat everything with the seasoning mixture.Then I fill gallon size zip locks with this amazing stuff. Then I take a whole gallon bag and run to my closet with a two litre soda and eat and eat and eat. Then I shower and brush my teeth so no one will know what I did. I take the empty bag and soda bottle down to the local dump and dispose of the evidence. Ok, thats not the truth. I am really rolling around on the kitchen floor fighting off the men as they try and take off with my Ranch Dressing Party Mix fix. I have considered a bat as protection. 
In my opinion this puts that other party mix recipe to shame. Just talking about this has caused me to break out in a sweat. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment