Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, October 14, 2011

Plantation Ice Tea


This is simply delicious and I could drink the whole thing myself. That can be embarrassing when you can't control yourself near the punch bowl. I'm beginning to think this is why I don't get invited to more parties....hmmmmm.

Plantation Ice Tea: Makes 2 Quarts
5 tea bags
12 mint leaves
1/2 cup sugar (after making it the first time you may want to adjust the amount of sugar to your personal taste.)
1 6oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
1 12oz. can pineapple juice (not frozen)

Pour 4 cups boiling water over the tea bags, mint, and sugar in a pitcher. Steep 30 minutes. Remove the tea bags, squeezing out excess liquid. Remove the mint. Prepare the lemonade according to directions and add to tea. Add the pineapple juice and stir. Serve over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment