Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chicken-n-Noodles

ho hum, yet again had to take a picture from Pioneer Woman. I didn't want to wait till I made this again. When I do I will add my own pic. Please forgive me Pioneer Woman. 
Now this to me and most of my family tasted just like the canned chicken noodle soup we all grew up eating and loving, but better. I guess I would say the flavors were reminiscent of the soup, you know the can "C"'s Chicken Noodle Soup. If you love that soup you will love this chicken and noodles. I made just a couple small changes. Nothing that would alter the flavor just easier prep. Adapted from Pioneer Woman's Chicken and Noodles.

Now you know I doubled this.

Chicken-n-Noodles
1 whole chicken (whole or cut up.)
4 quarts chicken stock (I buy the  organic brands of chicken stock in the boxes at the store. I'm just to lazy to make my own.)
2 carrots, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 med. onion, diced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. Turmeric
1/4 tsp. white pepper (or to taste)
1/4 tsp. ground Thyme
2 tsp. parsley flakes (I used fresh flat leaf parsley)
16 oz. frozen egg noodles. I used Reames homestyle egg noodles. Walmart carries them as do other stores. I can and do make my own noodles. But these are good and makes for a simpler meal, besides it is what Pioneer Woman uses and I love her.
3 Tbl. all purpose flour

Put chicken in pot and cover with 4 quarts chicken stock. Bring to a boil and reduce and simmer covered till chicken is tender. Remove chicken from stock pot and strain stock to remove any debris and return stock to pot. Cool chicken slightly and pick all the meat off the bones. While your picking your chicken add the carrots, celery, onion and spices (salt, Turmeric, pepper, Thyme, parsley) to pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Increase heat and add noodles and chicken. Cook for about 10 more minutes. Mix the 3 Tbl. flour with a little water till smooth and put it into the pot. Cook another 5 minutes or so to thicken the broth. Taste for seasoning and adjust with Salt and Pepper if needed.


Note: Now I know that I am at the head of my class when it comes to the "run on sentences." My husband has a Journalism degree and I drive him crazy. Oh well. To know me is to over look my run on sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment