Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bow-tie-Lasagna

Pic. from Pioneer Woman's blog site. I keep forgetting to take pictures myself. UGH

I made this last night for my family. Pioneer Woman has it listed as a 16 minute meal. I usually don't pay any attention to claims of how quick something is but in this case its true. This was so fast and easy. It did take me longer than 16 minutes but only because I grind my own meat. You see I hate, hate, HATE store bought ground beef of any kind. All it takes is one piece of gristle or bone and its over for me. I finally started buying super lean roasts and just grinding my own in my food processor. Works great and I don't have to worry about what I'm biting into. Anyone who knows me knows I rarely ever eat a hamburger bought out. I rarely make them at home unless I grind my own beef up. I just can't hardly stomach it. So now that I have vented my disgust with store bough ground beef I feel better now. I think I can move on to the point of this post. Woo, maybe I can even do without my meds today. Got that one off my chest. 
Ok, Bow-tie-Lasagna.......This was a HUGE hit with my family. Everyone loved it. I loved it as well. It was tasty and easy. I made Bow-tie-Lasagna, wedge salad with ranch dressing (I'm really into the ease of wedge salad right now. And anyone reading my posts knows I'm having an obsession with Ranch dressing as well), and this great cracked pepper/Parmesan bread we get at our local store. I also made chocolate cupcakes with Italian butter cream frosting. Didn't like either (cupcake or frosting)  recipe so those wont be going up this morning. 
Anyway, give this a try. It is very good. Oh, and don't let the sour cream scare you. It was great.

I doubled the recipe below for my large family. They had plenty to eat but very little leftovers.

Bow-tie-Lasagna
 1 pound ground beef
5 Cups Bow tie pasta (this is about 12 ounces, I think my box was actually 16oz. I used it all)
3 Cups spaghetti sauce (now I usually never buy anything store bought. I make my own sauces. But Pioneer Woman used 1 whole jar of  Bertolli Marinara with Burgandy wine sauce. So I thought if its good enough for her its good enough for me. It was a little sweet for my tastes right out of the jar. But! Once its was mixed with everything else its was SMACK YOUR MOMMA GOOD! Mom, I need to come see you today. I didn't get to do that part yet.)
1 Tbl. olive oil
1 tsp. salt (I was a little afraid of this but it worked out great. Don't be afraid of the salt.)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dry Italian seasonings
1/2 Cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (I used twice the cheese it called for)
1/2 Cup sour cream (I probably used a little less than 1/2 cup, but I did use it and was glad I did. I have read that some use cottage cheese or ricotta. I had the sour cream. It called for sour cream. And it was yummy.)

Place your ground beef in a pan and fry it till done (drain if necessary.) Start your pasta water with salt while your frying your beef. When the beef is done drain , add the spaghetti sauce, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Let this simmer on low while your pasta cooks.
When your pasta is done drain (I have one of those huge colander looking things with a handle and I just scoop mine out of the water instead of pouring the whole thing into a colander in the sink. I know you really needed to know that.) and turn it into a large bowl and and add 1 Tbl. olive oil. Mix it together. Than pour the pan of sauce over the pasta and add the sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Stir to blend and melt the cheese. Serve.

You'll love it! I promise. My kids gave it a 9 out of 10 stars if that tells you anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment