Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spring Greens with Fresh Ginger & Pineapple Vinaigrette





I had this salad at a church function a few years ago. It has become a favorite with my family.

Spring Greens with Fresh Ginger & Pineapple Vinaigrette

Vinaigrette:
1/2 Cup Pineapple juice
3 Tbl. rice wine vinegar
1/4 Cup olive oil
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
sugar (to balance out the flavors if needed. I don't think I have ever added it. It is really a personal taste.)

Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in jar with lid. Shake well and set aside. Dress the salad right before serving. 

Salad:
1 bag spring mix lettuces
1/4 Cup bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (I also use more bacon than the recipe calls for. We love us some bacon.)
1 Cup pineapple tidbits (well drained), or fresh
1/2 cup toasted cashews, Macadamia nuts are wonderful as well.
3 green onions sliced thin
1/4 cup toasted coconut

Toast nuts and coconut. Cool. Mix everything into a large bowl and add dressing a little at a time till its coated to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment