Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, October 14, 2011

Quick Chicken Piccata




I love Chicken Piccata. I serve this with angel hair pasta and asparagus. It is a very satisfying meal.


Chicken Piccata: Serves 2 (Now you know I make a lot more than two servings for my family. I also make lots more sauce because I serve this over pasta and I like having extra sauce for the pasta.)

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (either pounded thin and slice into two pieces or sliced in half lengthwise and pounded to even thickness 1/4")
1 Tbl. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp hot paprika ( I use whatever I have on hand)
2 Tbl. olive oil
1 large lemon cut in half. Half juiced, half sliced into thin rounds
2 Tbl. butter
1 medium shallot, chopped
1 Tbl. capers (or to your taste)
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 cup chicken stock
2 Tbl. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
I also add a little Parmesan to my plate once I'm ready to eat.

In small bowl combine flour, salt, paprika and blend. Dust both sides of chicken with flour mix. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add lemon slices and cook 1 minute (they will pop so be careful) remove and set aside. Add chicken pieces to pan and fry till golden brown on both sides (add olive oil as needed.) Remove to a platter. Melt one Tbl. of butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook till soft about 2 minutes. Pour wine and broth and bring to a boil over high heat and scrape the brown bits from bottom of pan. Boil till reduced by half. Add capers and stir another 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice and remaining butter. Add chicken back into pan along with any accumulated juices to heat up and add the cooked lemon slices on top of chicken. Once heated serve topped with chopped parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment