Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Refreshing Summer Drink "Cucumber Water"


Ok, I know this is another post that is really a "no brainer".....or is it? The truth is I know I knew this but for some reason never put it to work. One night I was watching a Will Ferrell movie (we love him, even his bad movies) and in it he is a police officer and he is served a water with cucumber in it and he is consumed with how refreshing and delicious it is. He ends up wanting to return to this place of business because they have such great water. It was pretty funny. Anyhow, it was like the light bulb came on and I said to myself "I knew about this why haven't I ever done it?" So I did. Very simple and sooooo good. It is everything summer and cool. It will refresh you. It is a garden in your water. Lovely just lovely.

Here is what I did:
Filled my pitcher with filtered water
Clean an English cucumber and sliced two or three thick junks and dropped them into the pitcher of water. 
Put it in the fridge for a couple hours and then poured myself a nice cold glass of the most wonderful, fresh, amazing water. 
Give it a try. It is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment