Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Patty Melt!!!!!!


I was on one of the food blogs I like to read and they made a patty melt. Oh my goodness. I must do this. Take the idea and make it my own. So here is my own. Enjoy!

Makes 8 Patty melts

1 stick of butter
2 large onions sliced thin
3 pounds good quality ground beef (although I usually grind my own I bought mine this time. It was Nolan Ryans 97% lean. Was pretty good quality.)
Salt
Pepper
Montreal Steak seasoning
8 dashes Worcestershire sauce
16 slices baby swiss cheese (you can use American too)
16 slices Rye bread (or a good sour dough works well)
Mezzetta tamed slice jalapenos (not traditional but oh so yummy)
bottle of thousand island dressing
Slice your onions very thin and put a couple tbl. butter in a pan and cook them on med-low heat till they are golden brown. Remove to a bowl.

In a bowl place the hamburger meat and add plenty of salt, pepper, the dashes of Worcestershire, and a good shake of the Montreal steak seasoning. Mix completely and divide into 8 burgers and shape in the shape of the bread you are using. Make them large enough to fit the bread size.
Place a few Tbl. of butter in a cast iron skiller (if you have one if not use the pan you fried the onions in. I just think cast iron gives the meat a great flavor.) Fry the burgers till they are done flipping half way through.
Butter the bread you are using for frying. Place a piece of bread butter side down in another hot skillet. Place a slice of cheese on the bread, then the patty, then onions and a few slices of the jalapeno peppers if using, then another piece of cheese and add some thousand island dressing to the last piece of bread on the side that will touch the cheese then place bread(butter side up) on top of patty and cheese. Grill till the bread is golden and toasty and turn. Grill
 the last side till golden. Remove and slice patty melt in half. Serve with extra thousand island dressing if desired.
Pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment