Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

7 Up Biscuits



I guess I'm always late to the party. Who knew? My sweet Mother turned me on to these biscuits which she loves. I had never heard of them. So I gave them a try and they are a quick and good biscuit. Give them a try. They are pretty easy peasy to make and you wont be sorry you did.
I looked at a bunch of the recipes for these biscuits and they are pretty much all the same. So I can't give direct credit to anyone for the recipe as I don't really know who it belongs to.

Here's what I did:

2 Cups Bisquick type biscuit mix
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/2 Cup 7up
1/4 Cup melted butter
3-4" biscuit cutter
Oven 450 degrees

Cut sour cream into biscuit mix. Add the 7up and blend. This makes a soft dough. It should not be runny just soft (I read lots of women say it was so wet they had to use a muffin tin and scoop it in. That is because they made some sort of a mistake. My guess is they didn't read the recipe well and added all the 7 up. DONT ADD ALL THE 7UP, just what the recipe calls for!) Sprinkle counter with a little biscuit mix and pat out the dough. Melt the butter in the bottom of a (this is about an 8x8 square pan) baking pan. Cut out biscuits and place in pan with the melted butter (yes, just set them in all that great butter.) Bake 12-15 minutes.
NOTE: I also read some just place the dough in the pan and pat it out to fit and then take a knife and cut the dough into squares in the pan and then bake. I haven't tried it but sounds like a good idea. I will probably try this the next time I make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment