Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fruit-n-Nut Chicken Salad on a Croissant






This is hands down my favorite sandwich in the world. It is not something I would have ever in a million years chose to make based on the ingredients had I not had it at a party many many years ago. I have tweaked it some over the years to meet our tastes. I also don't think this tastes as good on other breads as it does on Croissants. There is something about the taste of the croissant and this chicken salad that just work perfectly. Here's how you do it.

Fruit-n-Nut Chicken Salad

6 bonelss skinless chicken breasts (boiled in water till tender and cubed or shredded)
1/4-1/2 Cup raisins (I don't use them as I don't like raisins.)
2/3 Cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 apples cored and with the skin on chopped into tiny pieces
2 Cups of grapes (red or green seedless) cut into tiny pieces
20 ounce can of pineapple tidbits (in their own juice, drained) chopped

Mix all this together in a large bowl and add:
2 Cups mayonnaise
2/3 Cup sour cream
mix everything together and then add:
1/2 Tbl. cinnamon (now this is where it becomes a personal taste thing. I like the cinnamon. You might start out with a little less and add up to 1/2 Tbl. and taste it. It will mellow out some as the salad sits.)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. onion salt
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
mix into the chicken salad thoroughly. Taste and make sure it is how you would want it . You can play with the seasonings to suit your own taste. I actually never measure the seasonings but did this time to be able to put it on the blog.
Store in fridge till it is good and cold and serve on croissants. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!

 Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment