Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, August 31, 2012

Low Fat but oh so good Potato Salad


I have this Richard Simmons Cookbook. It is a pretty good one. We have liked everything we have ever made out of it. We love his potato salad. It is different from my southern potato salad, but I would almost say it is just as good. The fact that it is low fat is even better. The first time I made it I could hardly believe it was low fat. It is a keeper.

Here's what I do: Book says this is 4 servings. You know I at least double this if not triple.

4 cups cubed unpeeled red potatoe
1 can (14 oz.) fat-free chicken broth
2 Tbl. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/2 cup finely diced green onion (green and white part.)
2 hard boiled egg whites, coarsely chopped
1 Tbl. minced fresh parlsey

Dressing:
1/2 cup reduced fat mayo
1 Tbl. course ground Dijon mustard
1 Tbl. sweet pickle relish
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. celery seed

1. In medium saucepan combine the potatoes with the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cover and cook about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. In large bowl toss the hot potatoes with the vinegar.

2. In second bowl mix dressing ingredients. Add to cooled potatoes together with the rest of the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine and chill.



No comments:

Post a Comment