Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cosmopolitan Cocktail

Ok, here's the thing. Recipes are really personal. So you try it out and then adjust it to your personal tastes. More of this, less of that.
I like martini's. I like girl martini's. Meaning I'm not a huge fan of straight alcohol in a martini glass. I love a good dirty martini but it has to be extra dirty. I happen to really like a good cosmo. Yes, I jumped on the bandwagon because of Sex and The City. I also happen to love that show. I own most of the seasons. So sue me. I'm a mindless follower of certain shows. I admit it. Anyway, here is my favorite version of the Cosmo. Tweak it to your tastes.

Here's what I do:
2oz. Citron vodka
1 Tbl. triple sec
1 Tbl. cranberry juice cocktail
1 Tbl. fresh lime juice
a twist of lime, lemon, or orange peel to garnish.
Fill martini shaker 2/3 full of ice and add in all the ingredients but the twist. Shake the heck out of it till its good and cold and pour into a chilled martini glass and add a twist if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment