Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, August 31, 2012

Pineapple-Cucumber Gazpacho







You know I never really got the whole Gazpacho thing. To me traditional Gazpacho tastes to much like eating salsa with a spoon. Not my thing. However I have a recipe book that is nothing but Raw vegan recipes. I found this and made it. OMG! this is delish. My mother will make herself sick eating it. She loves, loves, loves this version of Gazpacho. I just can't tell you how good this is. Give it a try. Enjoy! From Raw Food Real World.


Here's what I do:
4 cups chopped peeled cucumber (I like the long English cucumbers.)
4 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1 cup fresh pineapple juice
1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 green onion, white and 1 inch green part, chopped
1 Tbl. fresh lime juice
2 tsp. sea salt (If this seems like a lot of salt it isn't. This is raw food eating and there is not salt. So more salt it needed than you would use if you were cooking with canned products. Trust the salt level.)
1 handful of cilantro leaves
3 Tbl. avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, or cold pressed olive oil (I have always used the avocado oil. You can find this at any health store or Whole Foods, Sprouts etc...) DONT ADD 3 TB. OF EACH OF THESE OILS. PICK ONE TO USE AND USE 3 TBL. OF THAT OIL. THANK YOU, THE END.
1 handful of finely chopped raw macadamia nuts

In a blender add 3 cups cucumber and 3 cups pineapple, pineapple juice, jalapeno, green onion, lime juice, and salt. Blend until smooth. add the remaining 1 cup of pineapple and cucumber, the cilantro, and 1 1/2 Tbl. oil. Pulse a few quick times. The Gazpacho should remain chunky. Taste for seasoning. Place in fridge to chill.
Before serving, add the mad nuts to the soup and stir. Serve in bowl with a drizzle of the remaining oil on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment