Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three way chili, Frito chili pie!!!! Either way its a great pot of Chili




I love chili. I love Cincinnati Chili or 3 way chili or Frito chili pie. Its all good. This is my fairly new and staple chili recipe. I use it for frito chili pie. I use it over spaghetti (if you have never done this you must. You will thank me.0 We have Pioneer Woman to thank for the inspiration. I have ate my chili on spaghetti noodles for years and years. Try it you wont be sorry. Add some cheddar cheese and onions if you like on top. Very good. I promise.
Before we go on lets tackle the "to bean or not to bean" issue. I don't care if it means I'm not a true Texan, or Southerner, or human being. I like beans. I like beans in my chili. So I put them in my chili. Feel free to leave them out if it insults your chili sensibilities. I'm ok with that. I want everyone to just get along and eat this good chili.
Chili

  • 2 pounds Ground Chuck
  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced (optional)
  • 1 can (12 To 14 Ounce) Tomato Sauce
  • 1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel tomatoes (as spicy as suits your buds)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
  • 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
  • 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
  • 1 tsp. smoked paprika
  • 1 can (14-ounce) Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 1 can (14-ounce) Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 1/4 cup Masa (corn Flour) This is a very important flavor component. 
  • 1/2 cup Warm Water
  • package cooked spaghetti noodles
  • Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • Diced Red Onion (Optional)
How do I cook the chili Kathy?
Brown ground chuck with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes or so.
Add drained and rinsed beans. Stir to combine, then cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
Mix masa with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 5 minutes or so. 
To serve place a mound of pasta on plate and top with chili and cheese and anything else your using. YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment