Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Brownie Trifle




This is another easy peasy recipe. It also is my son's (all of them) favorite dessert. I could slave over some magnificent decadence and they wouldn't like it half as much as this. Go figure. I thought I would list it for you all. Its easy and a way to create a little nicer dessert for a special occasion. I have to make it for them on all holidays. All I can do is shake my head. But whats a Mom to do. They love it.

   Brownie Trifle
One brownie mix (you want one that has recipe for cake like brownies.) Bake cake like brownies according to directions and let cool.
2 large packages instant chocolate pudding mix. Make according to directions but use 1 Cup less of milk than it calls for.
1 (16oz.) container of cool whip (you might want to buy a 12oz. container as well. To make sure you have enough.)
1 package chocolate toffee bits

Cut the brownie into small squares (1 inch or so) Make pudding and mix with 1 Cup Cool Whip. Start layering in trifle bowl. Place enough brownies to cover bottom of bowl. Them top with pudding, sprinkle layer of toffee bits then cool whip. Continue till you have used all up. Finish with pudding then cool whip. Sprinkle toffee bits on top. Place in fridge to chill completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment