Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Best ever Bacon/jalapeno/cheese/bbq sliders



Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. These are delish, delish, delish. Did I tell you these are delish? For my large family these are great. Because you bake them in the oven you can cook a bunch at once. Made it really easy to feed my huge family of men. They are delish. Did I tell you that? I also found cute little slider buns at the grocery store. If you can't find those little gems then just buy the little dinner rolls. They work great too.



Sliders: Makes 8
2 lbs ground beef (use good quality)
1 tsp. seasoned salt 
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
8 strips bacon, cut in half
1/4 cup good BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
16 pickled jalapenos ( those jarred jalapenos you use for nachos. We use Mezzetta Tamed Deli sliced Jalapeno peppers. These are delish. They are not as hot as the other brands but still have a nice bite to the heat level.)
8 thinish slices of cheddar cheese from a block of cheddar. 
8 slider buns or rolls

Combine beef with seasoned salt, lemon pepper, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 small  patties (I made them just slightly bigger than the buns. As they will shrink down some when cooked). Place two jalapenos on each pattie. Wrap bacon around criss cross with the ends wrapped and tucked under the bottom of the patties. Place patties on baking sheet with the cut ends of the bacon side down. You could use a drip pan style pan if you have it. I didn't and it worked just fine. Just use super lean meat. Gently push down on the patties to squeeze meat out of bacon a little. Refridgerate 20 minutes to firm up. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes, half way through brush with BBQ sauce and continue to bake till bacon is cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and add cheese to each and put back in oven for a minute to melt the cheese and serve on rolls with extra BBQ sauce or mustard. Whatever your condiment choice is.
You of course can make these without the jalapenos but I can't tell you the wonderful flavor the jalapenos give these. My men loved, loved, loved them. I was able to feed everyone at once as well. That rarely happens when making burgers etc....... 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment