Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Home made Steak Sauce





Lets just say I am one of those people that think Steak sauce should be a punishable offense for which you should spend no longer than the rest of your life eating only "chicken." 
I'm not crazy about it and think that it ruins a good steak. With that said, I have found an occasion or two for which it is necessary to move over into the world of ick.....STEAK SAUCE (big booming scary voice saying that.) I made a remarkably delicious pizza recently that steak sauce was part of the ingredients. It called for or rather recommended a particular steak sauce which I could not find. Based on the description of this steak sauce I set out to create my own. Well mostly my own. I do use a store bought sauce as the base. So here it is. It turned out pretty good and is sweet and spicy rather than tart and yucky as most steak sauces are. You can use it for the Steakhouse Pizza recipe that I will list on the blog today.

Steak Sauce
3 Tbl. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. honey
1 Tbl. adobo sauce
4 Tbl. cracked pepper A-1 Sauce
Blend and bring to a quick heat in a small saucepan to release the flavors. Cool and place in squeeze bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment