Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Asian style Green Beans


These are the green beans I make with most any Chinese food (Orange chicken etc...) They are really good and really simple.

Green Beans
 Now this is a by sight recipe. You buy a bunch of fresh green beans (enough for the number of people you are serving.) Cut the ends off the green beans and cut them in half. Place in boiling salt water till crisp tender 5-7 minutes usually. Drain. Right before serving heat a pan up with a tiny bit of oil and add some minced ginger and minced garlic (for my family of 6 which was probably a huge handful of green beans each. I used 1 tsp. ginger, and 1 tsp. garlic.) Stir the ginger and garlic in the hot oil for just a second and then add the green beans. Stir fry till they are tender (just a minute or two) then add a few good shakes of soy sauce and then drizzle a little sesame oil and stir fry again for a minute or two. This recipe is really a personal taste thing. What you like is what you use. How much is how much of each thing you like. Start with little and add more. I always add a little more soy sauce to my beans once they are on my plate. My husband likes them just as they come out of the pan and doesn't add anything else to them. I wish I could give you exact measurements. I didn't think to measure anything. So I will give the recipe as is and next time I will measure everything and come back and edit this recipe with exact measurements. You at least get the general idea and they are delicious.

We didn't have any stir fried rice (Lucy Cry here) as we are on a low carb diet and the sugar and bread crumbs were pushing it. We didn't miss it much as the chicken and beans were YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment