Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Another Amazing Ranch Dressing Recipe.

This recipe is an adaptation of The Barefoot Contessa's ranch recipe. It is heavy on the basil flavor and is yummo. This is my families favorite Ranch dressing. When you first make it it will seem salty. Give it time in the fridge and that goes away. Also, I think that it seems a little too tart. So I always add a little honey to it till I get it tasting like I like. I would let it sit in the fridge for an hour and then make the adjustments to the flavor.
One of my sons who is a Ranchaholic (I think he needs a twelve step program) loves loves this. Can't keep him out of it.

Ranch Dressing heavy on the basil
3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
1 Tbl. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbl. dijon mustard
1 Tbl. olive oil
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 1/2 tsp. salt ( her recipe called for 2 1/2 tsp. salt. I thought this is too salty. So you can add more if you would prefer.)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Cup mayo
1/2 Cup greek style yogurt.( Plain)
1/2 Cup buttermilk
2 Tbl. parm. cheese
honey (optional)
Place green onions, basil, parlsey, lemon juice, mustard, evoo, garlic, parm cheese, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor. Puree for 15-20 seconds till it is a smooth mixture. Add the mayo, yogurt and buttermilk. Blend till smooth. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour to let flavors blend. If it is too tart then add a few tsp.'s of honey to take the tart edge off.


No comments:

Post a Comment