Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Crazy truth is out!

Not for the first time since he entered his teen years but maybe for the first time I heard him. My son told me I'm loony. Why did it hit me this time? Is this the first time I really heard him? I can't even tell you what we were "discussing". More likely me doing the Charlie Brown parents "whaaa, whaa, whaa". I could see it. I could feel it. I was  just this monotone "whaa whaa". Then the "mom you're loony."  Oh horror of horrors. He has found me out. I ran to the restroom and looked in the mirror to see if I did indeed look like an escaped convict from an insane asylum. No there was just me looking back. But, but there was something I couldn't quite put my finger on...hmmmm. But the truth is out. I have been found out. I'm crazy. I've known it for a long time now. The closer to menopause I get the truer it is becoming. Now my kids know what I have gotten out of bed everyday and tried to hide. Yes, I'm crazy. Am I walk down the street in my underwear crazy? No, that would be the easy way out. I wouldn't notice everyone noticing my deep dark secret.....yes I'm crazy.
Yes, I'm crazy cause I still want to hug and kiss my grown boys like they are three. I'm crazy cause I want to know where they are and when they will be home. I'm crazy cause I don't want them doing things that hurt their bodies. I'm crazy cause I don't want them dating "that kind of girl". I'm a mom and that in and of itself is enough to make anyone crazy. I'm crazy cause just under the surface is this great desire to have a huge melt down and scream like a lunatic and cry. Ok, not everyday but sometimes.
But what I realized today........the real truth is..........that I'm really crazy because (whaa, whaa, whaa) I'M JUST LIKE MY MOM! That's really it. It's not menopause scratching at my door. It's not my three boys and husband. No, its cause I looked in the mirror and saw my mother looking back. EEGGGAAADDDSSS people, someone get me a straight jacket cause anyone who ever met my mother knows "she's loony".


ok, maybe some of the other stuff contributes to it too. But really really its my moms fault.

1 comment:

  1. Say what?? Yes,I admit I'm really close to clinical, because I won't let mine play far from home, must know at all times where they were, there are those people just waiting to harm them, that scares me, still. So in summary, yes SHE made me crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete