Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Carrot Cake


My husband Sasquatch loves Carrot Cake. So I decided to make him one today. My frosting was a little soft but it was pretty humid out. I just popped it in the fridge to help firm it up. I could have added more powdered sugar but opted not to. This cake is very old fashioned in its consistency and tastes wonderful. It is actually better the second day.  Enjoy!







Here's what I did: Oven 350 degrees. Prep 3 (9") round pans including lining the bottom with wax paper.

2 Cups all purpose flour
2 Cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 Cups vegy oil
2-3 cups grated, then chopped carrots till they are closer to a large mince ( use the amount you like in your cake. I used 3 cups in this cake but think I will try two cups next time.)
1-1 1/2 Cups chopped pecans

In large bowl combine flour, sugar,soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix. Add eggs and vegy oil and mix with a hand mixer till well blended, about two minutes. Then fold in carrots and pecans. Pour in equal amounts into the three prepped pans. Bake 30-40 minutes. I found it didn't need the 40 minutes. I would suggest checking the cake at 30 minutes and then testing it every 2 minutes after till it is done.  Do the toothpick test. When done cool on wire rack for 10 minutes and then turn out and finish cooling completely. Of course remove the wax paper that is on the bottom of the cakes. Then when cool frost.

Cream Cheese frosting
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, room temp
1 stick butter, room temp
2 tsp. vanilla
16 oz. Plus more powdered sugar (how much powdered sugar you use will depend on how stiff you want your frosting. If layering you want it a little stiffer so that it can hold the weight of the layers. So after adding your initial 16 oz. of powdered sugar continue to add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time till you get the right consistency.) Frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment