Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Monday, October 8, 2012

Steak bites seared in brown butter







This is a simple dish. This is a divine dish. Easy and beyond good. About a month ago I purchased a whole Filet of beef to cut into filet Mignon for my family. I had a good hunk of meat left at the end and just cut it into bite size pieces and put it in the freezer. Last week I purchased three filet mignons from the store to add the the frozen ones I had cut up earlier. So it made plenty for my large family of Sasquatches.

Here's what I did:

good quality steak(filet is what I would recommend) cut into large chunks (about two bites worth.)
salt and pepper
butter
 cast iron skillet

dry the steak bites and salt and pepper. Place cast iron skillet over med-high heat and let it get good and hot. Add 4 Tbl. of butter and stir it around till melted and butter has turned brown. This is a delicate time. You want the butter browned but not burnt. Then add half the steak bites and spread out in pan. Don't touch them for 30-45 seconds to let them sear. Then stir and cook another 45 seconds or so. After this I just stirred the steak bites around till they were good and brown but still nice and rare on the inside. Pour the cooked steak bites along with the butter in the pan into a serving dish. Place pan back on the burner and add another 4 Tbl. butter and repeat the directions above.
This is wonderful.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment