Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pasta with Green Olive Sauce

My husband and I love olives. We really like just about any kind. Black are pretty dull as they aren't full of flavor. We wouldn't turn a black olive away though.  Now I don't know if he remembers but I made this for my Daddy a few times and he loved it. Of course like us he loves olives. I think my husband married me because of this sauce (I'm not sure though.)
Now if you aren't a fan of olives you aren't going to like this. BUT, if you like olives you will love this sauce. It is good.

Here's what I do:
1/4 Cup vegetable broth (or stock)
1/4 Cup Olive oil (extra virgin)
4 cloves of garlic, fine chop
1 Cup PITTED and fine chop green olives (you can mix any variety together. I just would not do straight black olives.)
3/4 Cup toasted bread crumbs (1 Tbl. olive oil to hot pan and add in fresh bread crumbs. Stir till golden and remove from pan.)
 1 lb. spaghetti noodles

Heat olive oil in pan. Add garlic and cook for a minute or so and then add vegetable broth and stir for a minute. Add olives and saute another minute. Add cooked pasta and stir. Add bread crumbs to pasta and mix. If too dry add a little pasta water  and mix. Serve with Parmesan cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment