Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Monday, September 10, 2012

Twice Baked Potato Casserole

Uh...YUM! We are grilling steak file's on the grill tonight and I wanted a potato that would be easy to fix without having to make baked potatoes and have the ton of fixings out everywhere. So I decided to google a few recipes and then put my own version together. Just WOW! I got my strawberry ice box cake and my baked potato casserole all made before 10 a.m.! Now thats planning. So tonight all I have to do is throw on some corn to boil and grill our steaks. I will let the casserole come to room temp. after being in the fridge all day and then bake it in the oven. Easy peasy. This is good and pretty easy.

Here's what I did: Use a 9x13 casserole pan (cake pan etc.....I used an oval La Creuset casserole dish.)

10 large Russet baking potatoes
1 stick of butter, at room temp
1 (8oz.) container of sour cream
1/2 Cup whole milk
1/2 tsp. Lowery's seasoned salt
1/2-1 tsp. salt
1/2 -1 tsp. pepper
3/4 lb. bacon, cut up and fried crisp, drain off grease
1 small bunch green onions fine chop
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese, for casserole
1 Cup (or more) shredded cheddar cheese, for top of casserole
2 eggs slightly beaten


Bake potatoes till done. When they are cool enough to handle cut in half and scoop as much of the potato out as you can (without getting any of the skin) into a large bowl. Mash slightly with a potato masher. Add butter, sour cream, milk, salts, and pepper. Mash together. Once the potatoes are lumpy but mashed use a spoon to stir instead of the masher. Then add the bacon, green onions, eggs and cheese. Stir to combine. Spray your casserole dish with cooking spray and then pour the potato mixture into the casserole and spread out evenly. Top with the additional cheese. You can bake it now or place in fridge to bake later. If you bake it later. Take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temp. before you bake it or it will take forever to warm up and the top will be over done and the middle not warm.
Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes till it is bubbly and top is golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment