Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Home made laundry soap and softener


I have been knee deep in trying some natural/non-toxic home cleaners. I have been using essential oils/vinegar/alcohol and a few other items I will share. Its cheaper and works better (in my opinion) than the store bought toxic version. My house feels clean, smells clean with no synthetic scents. I'm hooked. So I'm going to share with you a few of the ones that I have found that I think work really well. I will give instructions to go along. This is number one.



Laundry Soap:

1 Cup washing soda (see picture, can be purchased at any grocery store. )
1 Cup Borax (see picture, can be purchased at any grocery store.)
1 Cup baking soda
1/2 bar natural  soap grated. Just use a cheese grater. (I use the unscented Dr. Bronners. You don't have to use unscented. I just like to add my own essential oils.  Its a great brand and easy to find. Most big grocery stores will carry some of the Bronner products and the natural food stores will carry a larger inventory)
4 ounces oxyclean
25-50 drops essential oil of choice , optional

In a blender add all the ingredients and blend into a fine powder. Put in airtight container.
Use 1 Tbl. for normal load
        2 Tbl. for heavily soiled load.
Honestly I use 2 heaping Tbl. for my loads. After some trial and error I feel like 1 Tbl. isn't enough for the completely clean smell I want. You try and decide.


Fabric softener 1:
Pour 1/2 cup  white  vinegar ( I don't cook with white vinegar but it is fine for household uses) in rinse compartment or straight into rinse water.
Your laundry will NOT smell like vinegar when its all said and done. Vinegar will rinse detergent residue and soften your clothing.

To use: Add 1/2 cup to softener compartment or pour in during rinse cycle.




No comments:

Post a Comment