Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Home made all purpose cleaner and granite/glass cleaner

                                                 
I have been loving my home made cleaners. Here are a couple that I think have proved worthy of using and sharing with you.
I have been purchasing my essential oils from Edens Garden http://www.edensgarden.com/
They are high quality oils and everyone of them they carry are therapeutic grade oils. There are three grades of essential oils

1. Therapeutic grade -the very best
2. Grade B or perfume/comsetic grade
3. Grade C or perfume oils

Edens garden has a oil blend called "Cleaning Blend" this is the one I use the most for cleaning recipes. I also use one called "Thieves" and it is wonderful too. But you can learn some about them and then make use the ones you like best. I love lemon for laundry soap and softener.

Better Than Lysol: I read this off one of the many sites I visit, but can't remember which one.

10 ounces distilled water (I use distilled if I have it if not I use tap water.)
50-100 drops of Rosemary essential oil or other germ killing EO
1 Tbl. plain and cheap vodka (this has germ killing properties but it also helps suspend the essential oils in the water.)

Add to stray bottle and spray and use as any all purpose cleaner. Be sure to shake up the bottle prior to each use to keep the EO's suspended in the liquid. 

Granite/Glass and mirror cleaner: This is probably my most used recipe. This does have Isopropyl alcohol in it. Depending on who you ask this alcohol is ok or its not. I like it cause it is germ killing and evaporates quickly to leave a nice shine. It can have an overpowering alcohol scent when you spray it so used in well ventilated area. The scent disappears quickly.

1 1/2 Cups 70% or higher Isopropyl alcohol
2 1/2 cups distilled water
1/4 tsp. dish soap
50 drops germ killing essential oils.

mix and place in spray bottle. Use on granite, glass, mirrors or any surface you want. I would not use this on wood or anything that the alcohol could dry out but its great on everything else.






No comments:

Post a Comment