Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Banana Nut Muffins

I love banana nut muffins. Here is my tried and true recipe that I use. I will also tell you how to convert it to banana nut bread.

Here's what I do:

Oven 400 degrees. Line twelve muffin cup tin with paper inserts.

1 3/4 Cups all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt ( I always add a heaping tsp. But this is a personal taste thing.)
1/2 cup heaping of white sugar
1 large egg beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana (over ripe with all the specs on them. they get sweeter.)
1/2 cup milk
1/3 Cup vegy oil
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Add the chopped pecans and mix. Combine egg,mashed banana, milk, and oil in another bowl and mix together. Add the banana mixture to the flour and stir to combine. Spoon into muffin cups filling 3/4 full. Bake 400 degrees 18-20 minutes till golden and toothpick comes out clean when tested.

for bread:
set oven to 350 and pour batter into 8x4 bread pan. Bake about 1 hour or till toothpick comes out clean when tested.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Going to give this one a try tonight, gotta few bananas that need some love. I love you precious daughter of mine.

    ReplyDelete