Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Eat your heart out Colonel" Cole Slaw

My favorite cole slaw is the cole slaw at KFC. It is about the only cole slaw I will eat. Until now.  I have tried numerous attempts at getting a recipe down that I like and this is puuuurrrrttttyyyy close. It's puuuurrrrrtttttyyyy good. I hope you like it too.

Cole Slaw:
2 16 oz. bags pre-chopped cole slaw mix. ( If you have more energy than I have right now you can chop your own.)
3/4 Cup Whole milk
3/4 Cup mayonnaise
3 Tbl. sugar
2 tsp. white vinegar
1/4+1/8 tsp. salt
1/4+1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 jalapeno (seeded and fine diced) optional

Add chopped cabbage and diced jalapeno (if using) to large bowl. In separate bowl mix milk, mayo,sugar,vinegar,salt and pepper. Whisk together and pour over cabbage. Blend well. Cover and refrigerate at least two hours. 
If you want you can add chopped cilantro just before serving to change up the flavor some.

No comments:

Post a Comment