Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Monday, March 9, 2015

Individual Cauliflower Pizza

Made this today and this is sooooo good that I just had to put it on here for you all to try. I unfortunately can't remember which web site I found it on to give them the credit they are due for this wonderful recipe. I found it by looking for cauliflower recipes on Pinterest.
We are trying to go 95-100% organic without breaking the bank. This was fairly reasonably priced and very easy to make.

Here is what I did:

1 lg. head cauliflower, shredded. (you need 4 cups. The Cauliflower I used made a smidgen more than 4 cups and I used it all.)
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
salt (optional)
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 cup pizza sauce (optional. I did not use it. I just used the slices of fresh tomato)
fresh basil, shreds
12 slices of tomato
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven 450

using a hand grater, shred cauliflower into crumbles. Measure out 4 cups and place in microwave safe bowl.  I had about 4 1/2 cups and just used it all.
cook cauliflower in microwave for 8 minutes. Stir and let cool 10-15 minutes.
Add salt to taste if using, the 2 beaten eggs, 2 cups mozarella, oregano, dried basil and garlic powder and stir to combine.
 Lightly  grease two baking sheet pans. Divide into 12 balls (I used a 1/3 measuring cup and got 11 and that worked fine) Place spaced out on baking sheets and pat each one down to about 4 inch wide rounds. Bake 15 minutes. The edges will char and this is a good thing as it is very flavorful.
Remove from the oven and turn the oven onto broil. Top each with parmesan cheese, shreds of fresh basil and then mozzarella. Top with slice of tomato. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes till cheeses are melted and tomatoes are warmed some.

No comments:

Post a Comment