Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Friday, July 18, 2014

Smoked Jalapeno Vinaigrette




This is a  version of a dressing that I had at a local Mexican restaurant. It was on a great salad with chicken and all the fixings.
I am actually making Vegetarian Black bean tacos for dinner tonight and am going to place a slaw as the first layer of the taco. I am using this vinaigrette to marinate the slaw in. I will put the slaw down first in the corn tortillas, then spiced black beans and top with fried onions and jalapeno pepper. Serve with any sauce you like. I think it will be great. Anyway onto the vinaigrette.


This is what I did:

6 cloves garlic minced
3/4 C rice wine vinegar (you could use any mild vinegar of choice. Even a white balsamic would be good.)
3 tsp. of pureed (or more depending on how spicy you like it) canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3 Tbl. honey
1/4-1/2 cup fine chop cilantro
salt and pepper
1 Cup olive oil

Place in blender and blend till smooth. Refrigerate.





No comments:

Post a Comment