Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chocolate Lasagna

This is delicious. I don't know for sure where I stumbled across the recipe. I have had it for a while and had been meaning to try it. So for my sons birthday I gave it a shot. It was too wonderful.
 I don't know why they call it chocolate lasagna. There are no noodles (not even chocolate ones) in it. Maybe because its layered. I dunno. Here's how you do it.

9x13 dish
1 pkg. of regular (not double stuff) oreos
6 Tbl. melted butter
1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, soft
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbl. milk
1 (16 oz.) cool whip
2 lg boxes (5.9 oz.) INSTANT chocolate pudding mix
3 1/2 Cups cold milk
package mini chocolate chip morsels

1. Crush oreos in food processor till crumbs (no large chunks), remove to a bowl

2. Add the 6 Tbl. melted butter to the oreos and mix with a fork till combined. Press into pan. and place in fridge while you get the next layer made.

3. Mix cream cheese in bowl with electric mixer till fluffy. Add 2 Tbl. milk and the sugar and mix to combine. Fold in 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spread over oreo layer and return to the fridge while you make the next layer.

4. In a bowl combine both boxes of instant chocolate pudding and 3 1/2 cups of milk. Mix with mixer on low speed for 2 minutes or till thickened. Spread over cream cheese mixture. Place in fridge for about 5 minutes.

5. Top with enough of the left over cool whip to have a good layer and then sprinkle as many of the mini chocolate chips on top as you like.  Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours (we found over night was the best)

cut and serve. It was very good.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Im wondering can i put this recipe on my page. I really love it and some of my followers are English Language speakers and i really dont have any recepies on English language. I will mention you as autor of this recepie off course. Sorry for my bad english, never have chance to use it much after i learn it. Im forgetting alot of things. Thanks anyway. Cheers :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly can use it. As with most recipes I didn't create it. I just tweaked it to our liking. You are welcome to use it.

      Delete