Fall

Fall
My Favorite Time of the Year

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Taco Pizza




Ok, this isn't brain surgery.Doesn't take a lot of thought to create this pizza but it is really good and thought I would add it for your idea bank.


Taco Pizza- I'm going to give you the ingredients for one pizza. I actually make about 4 for my Sasquatches.

1-1 1/2 pounds ground beef mixed and cooked with taco mix. (I have a taco seasoning on my blog or buy one of the store bought packets. Make according to directions.)
1 can refried beans
1 bottle salsa (whichever salsa you like. Taco sauce is ok too. We just like Salsa at out house.)
1 jar picked jalapenos , chopped(optional)
1 small bag frozen corn
1 small can sliced black olives (optional)
1 tomatoe chopped (remove seeds and the wet stuff in the tomato before chopping. You don't want it adding liquid to your pizza)
shredded cheddar cheese
1 onion chopped
shredded lettuce
sour cream
Pizza dough

Heat oven to 450 degrees

I have a pizza dough recipe on my blog or make your own (you can buy canned pre-made pizza dough at the store.)
Place dough on pizza pan. Spread dough with thin layer of refried beans. Spread thin layer of salsa over the beans and top with cooked taco meat. Top with corn, jalapenos (if using), and the cheese. Top the cheese with onions, tomatoes, and black olives. Bake till dough is golden and cheese is melted about 12 minutes give or take.
Slice and serve topped with lettuce and sour cream and extra salsa. Enjoy! My yummy lemonade would go great with this meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment